CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON –
All candidates must share our philosophy of sustainable practices, and our focus on excellence and safety. Applicants must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and good communication skills.
Thrill, Educate and Inspire!
Spend 2019 working outside in the trees with a world class team in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains! We are seeking enthusiastic and adventurous guides for the 2019 season.
ADVENTURE GUIDE FOR TOUR FACILITATION
Summary of essential job functions:
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests of Navitat Canopy Adventures
- Ensures all course operations are conducted in accordance with Navitat Canopy Adventures safety standards
- Adheres to all policies and procedures set by Navitat Canopy Adventures
- Supervises the progress of an assigned participant group in conjunction with another guide
- Provides a narrative for tour guests about local ecology and history
- Completes an inspection of all course components and of all course gear daily
- Fits harnesses and helmets correctly and supervises the use of all personal safety equipment
- Conducts participant orientation and pre-screening
- Assists with course and site maintenance efforts as needed
- Attends ongoing training throughout the season
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Guiding experience in adventure tours preferred
- Has a strong understanding of local ecology and history
- Must pass initial guide training
- Must pass a monthly skills assessment
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications or Wilderness First Responder preferred
- Must have strong risk management experience
- Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
- Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi task environment
- Speaks fluent English and uses cordial manners
Physical abilities required:
- Must have ability to perform work at height
- Must be able to perform all technical rescue associated with the tours
- Full range of overhead arm motions to pull two people along cable
- This position may require walking and standing for long period of times in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Able to speak in front of large groups effectively
- Must have a flexible schedule
- - Ability to fulfill on-call shifts
- Part-time, seasonal positions available following training
- Resumes will be reviewed throughout January and February
- Training will begin in February
- - Navitat will host two trainings in February and another in March
The Adventure Guide position is a unique employment opportunity that comes with unique considerations. Please review the following information carefully to determine if this position will fit your needs.
- Initial Assistant Guide training for new employees is an intensive 5 day training on our world class Mountaintop Tour.
- - Once an Adventure Guide is hired an additional 4 day paid training is required on the Treetop Tour.
- A limited number of Adventure Guides will be trained to guide RTV Shadow Tours.
- Assistant Guides are required to attend the entire length of the training in order to be eligible for employment.
- Initial training will require trainees to learn how to deliver a high-quality educational experience, manage risk, master the use of tour equipment and safety systems, perform timed high-angle rescues, and provide excellent customer service to all guests.
- Assistant Guides must pass both written and practical tests with an 80% or better to successfully complete the training.
- Adventure Guides will be required to attend and document monthly ongoing trainings throughout the season.
Navitat offers three different tour experiences! First is our original tree based canopy tour the Treetop Tour. Then we have the world class engineering marvel the Mountaintop Tour! The newest adventure is our fully guided RTV Shadow Tours. An adventure for everyone!
- The Moody Cove has two different positions, Lead Guide and Assistant Guide. All new Adventure Guides will be trained and start their employment as an Assistant Guide.
- A promotion and additional training are required to become a Lead Guide. The Lead Guide operates a guide operated braking system and is responsible for learning and preforming additional rescues.
- On the Mountaintop Tour ALL Adventure Guides are trained to do both the Lead and Assistant positions.
RTV Shadow Tours:
- A limited number of Adventure Guides will be trained to guide our RTV Shadow Tours.
- Adventure Guides are classified as part time seasonal employees. Navitat’s season will begin March 2, 2019 and end November 30, 2019.
- - Thanksgiving Day is the only day Navitat is closed to the public during the operating season.
- Navitat makes no guarantee regarding the number of tours or hours a guide will receive. Tour quantity in a given day or week fluctuates based on the number of guests.
- Scheduling priority is determined by both employee availability and performance
- Adventure Guides are expected to work most holidays and weekends. Weekends and holidays are Navitat’s busiest times.
- Adventure Guides will be required to fulfill occasional on-call shifts.
- The final work schedule for each day will be emailed the previous afternoon.
- All Adventure Guides will be required to sign a seasonal hiring agreement prior to beginning work.
- Guiding is a physically demanding position. Due to the nature of this industry guides may be required to work long hours and irregular shifts in all weather conditions.
- Working outdoors with the general public requires the ability to adjust quickly to any situation, all while managing risk and providing excellent customer service.
Wages and Benefits:
- Guiding wages are earned per tour.
- - A guide could take up to 3 tours per day.
- When not guiding, an hourly rate will be earned for additional tasks assigned.
- Performance-based raises are available.
- A discretionary performance bonus is available for qualified guides.
- Guides earn a photo commission and are eligible for monthly photo bonuses.
Uniform and Gear:
- Navitat will provide guides with Personal Protective Equipment (harness, helmets, gloves, radios, etc.).
- Navitat will provide each Adventure Guide with two shirts.
- - Additional shirts are available for purchase.
- Staff rain jackets will be provided by Navitat at the guide’s expense.
- All guides are required to maintain excellent hygiene and maintain a professional appearance.
Ready to apply?
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR – Cover Letter, Resume and References
EMAIL TO: email@example.com
PLEASE DO NOT CALL - WE WILL CONTACT YOU VIA PHONE OR EMAIL AFTER REVIEWING YOUR RESUME
Sales & Customer Service Team
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON
Navitat Canopy Adventures, the nation’s premier zipline canopy tour company, is seeking enthusiastic, hard-working, customer service-oriented people to join our Sales and Customer Service Team. Part-time and Full-time positions are available from March through December.
Qualified candidates will have the skills and desire to:
• Provide excellent customer service to all Navitat guests and potential guests, by phone, email, or in-person
• Represent the Navitat brand by playing an active role in helping to thrill, educate, and inspire our guests
• Work in an environment where multi-tasking and problem solving is mandatory and efficiency is prized, all while maintaining a positive attitude
Sales and Customer Service Team members will:
• Work in Navitat’s Sales Office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls
- Providing information to and answering questions for potential guests
- Actively and persuasively selling Navitat to callers, and facilitating the reservation process
• Work in the Navitat Asheville retail and guest reception area. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting guests and checking them in for their scheduled tours
- Ensuring all guests meet Navitat’s participant requirements (the ability to gracefully handle situations where guests do not meet participant requirements is a must!)
- Operating Point of Sale (retail) and photo sales systems to help guests quickly make purchases
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of all guest areas, including the retail gift shop, check-in areas, and restrooms
As a Navitat employee you will work with a group of talented and passionate outdoor enthusiasts; encounter thousands of Navitat guests who are universally thrilled with their experiences; work in a gorgeous mountain cove environment; and be able to bring your friends and family to experience Navitat for no charge.
Applicants with experience in customer service, sales, and/or reservations will be given priority. Reliable transportation and a flexible schedule are required. Navitat is located 20 minutes north of downtown Asheville in Barnardsville, NC. We are open 7-days-a–week, typically from 8am until 7pm.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and list of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org